Oura Ring has been a subject of admiration since its launch in 2015. From helping users quantify the impact of their exercise and mediation to detecting elevated body temperature much before the noticeable symptoms of COVID-19, Oura ring continues to improve with each newer version.
Recently, ŌURA Health announced Oura Ring Generation 3 that contains three times as many advanced sensors than the previous generations. Sensors are packed in just one centimeter of space but with the same battery life of around 7 days.
Three new features of Oura Ring Gen3 are available at launch and four more will be available soon. The developers have upgraded the ring to include:
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring to help the users learn how their activity choices impact their heart rate. The ring offers a live heart rate at any time of the day and also shows a restorative time to help you recognize if you are taking enough breaks throughout the day.
- Oura 3rd Gen has 7 research-grade temperature sensors that record the minute-by-minute temperature and alerts you of any significant changes well before you begin to experience any symptoms of a disease.
- The new ring also supports women’s health features. Through monitoring changes in body temperature, Oura Ring now has a period predictor that alerts the user of their period six days before it starts.
Oura Health will also add the following new features soon:
- An audio and video library of 50+ research-backed sessions to help you interpret body signals and take action to recover. The library includes content curated by experts in meditation, sleep, breathing, and more.
- Heart rate during physical activity like walking and running will soon be available through Oura Ring Gen3. This feature will help people optimize their workout and other activities.
- The system will also sense blood oxygen level to determine the quality of sleep.
Oura Ring Generation 3 is available for pre-order at a cost of $299 USD. Other than the ring, the Oura membership program that offers full access to the Oura app is free to new users for the first 6 months and $5.99 per month afterwards.